- Package information
- Running on a low-resource device (like a Raspberry Pi)
- Omnibus GitLab developer documentation
Omnibus GitLab Docs
Omnibus GitLab is a way to package different services and tools required to run GitLab, so that most users can install it without laborious configuration.
- Checking the versions of bundled software
- Package defaults
- Components included
- Deprecated Operating Systems
- Signed Packages
- Deprecation Policy
- Licenses of bundled dependencies
For installation details, see Installing Omnibus GitLab.
Running on a low-resource device (like a Raspberry Pi)
You can run GitLab on supported low-resource computers like the Raspberry Pi 3, but you will need to tune the settings to work best with the available resources. Check out the documentation for suggestions on what to adjust.
- Get service status
- Starting and stopping
- Invoking Rake tasks
- Starting a Rails console session
- Starting a PostgreSQL superuser psql session
- Container registry garbage collection
- Configuring the external URL
- Configuring a relative URL for GitLab (experimental)
- Storing Git data in an alternative directory
- Changing the name of the Git user group
- Specify numeric user and group identifiers
- Only start Omnibus GitLab services after a given filesystem is mounted
- Disable user and group account management
- Disable storage directory management
- Configuring Rack attack
- Reply by email
- Environment variables
- GitLab and Registry
- Configuring an asset proxy server
- Upgrade support policy
- Upgrade from Community Edition to Enterprise Edition
- Update to the latest version
- Downgrade to an earlier version
- Upgrade from a non-Omnibus installation to an Omnibus installation using a backup
- Upgrade from non-Omnibus PostgreSQL to an Omnibus installation in-place
- Upgrade from non-Omnibus MySQL to an Omnibus installation (version 6.8+)
- Update from GitLab 6.6 and higher to 7.10 or newer
- Update from GitLab 6.6.0.pre1 to 6.6.4
- Update from GitLab CI version prior to 5.4.0 to the latest version
- Hash Sum mismatch when downloading packages
The requested URL returned error: 403.
- GitLab is unreachable in my browser.
- Emails are not being delivered.
- Reconfigure freezes at ruby_block[supervise_redis_sleep] action run.
- TCP ports for GitLab services are already taken.
- Git SSH access stops working on SELinux-enabled systems.
FATAL: could not create shared memory segment: Cannot allocate memory.
- Reconfigure complains about the GLIBC version.
- Reconfigure fails to create the Git user.
- Failed to modify kernel parameters with sysctl.
- I am unable to install Omnibus GitLab without root access.
gitlab-rake assets:precompilefails with
Short read or OOM loading DBerror.
pg_dump: aborting because of server version mismatch
Errno::ENOMEM: Cannot allocate memoryduring backup or upgrade
- NGINX error:
could not build server_names_hash
- Reconfigure fails due to
'root' cannot chownwith NFS root_squash
Omnibus GitLab developer documentation
See the development documentation